EastEnders is a British soap opera created by Julia Smith and Tony Holland which has been broadcast on BBC One since 1985.
This is the first post analysing a single episode.
In this post we take a very quick look at number of scenes, scene length, and number of speaking characters in each scene.
I have broken the episode down as follows:
What do we notice?
- There are 20 scenes.
- The shortest scene length is 30 secs.
- Scenes 10 & 12 together are 1 scene and is the longest scene (3.26)
- Scenes 8 & 9 are 1 continuous location but 2 scenes .
- There are 6 scenes under 1 minute.
- There are only 4 scenes longer than 2 minutes.
- The longest scene is 3.26 minutes but this is split in two parts.
- The episode opens with 3 short scenes.
Join me for the next post which will look at dialogue techniques.